POPDEV is the explicit consideration of socio-economic and demographic interrelations in the formulation of development plans, policies and programs to achieve the nation’s development objectives at the macro levels and the desired behavioral outcomes at the household and individual level.
Contribute to policies and programs that will assist government to attain population growth and distribution consistent with economic activities and sustainable development.
- Contribute in achieving a well managed population growth and distribution consistent with the country's social and economic development
- Contribute in achievement of other socio-economic outcomes such as reduction of poverty incidence, malnutrition, infant and child mortality, unemployment rate and improvement of other development concerns by addressing population concerns
- Promote and integrate population dimensions in national, regional, sectoral, and local development initiatives to contribute to effective population management and sustainable development policies and programs
- Develop enabling environment for government at all levels to manage effects of rapid urbanization
- Development and conduct of communication strategies (IEC, social mobilization, BCC) to raise appreciation on population issues
- Enabling national, local and sectoral key stakeholders in integrating population dimensions in planning and policy development;
- Advocacy and capacity-building for enacting, designing, implementing, and monitoring population-related policies and programs at all levels
- Design and conduct of researches and studies and establishment of database systems on POPDEV for planning and policy development
- Development of monitoring and evaluation tool for POPDEV integration in development planning
- Enabling regional and local executives, planners, and other stakeholders in efficient urban planning and management